Friday, July 29, 2016

The rest of the Fair 2016 story...

Ok so, my swap partner received her package and I can now show the 4 other items I won with at the fair!
In order of how they won..
Sweepstakes, Best of Show and 1st!!! went to
Mad Hatteropus!! My spoilee loved octopi and of course the Mad Hatter, so.. he is a little mash-up of them both!

Next came the 1st prize winner...An altered Altoid tin with an Alice in Wonderland theme..
She had 'faved' one on Pinterest, but I made this about the Jabberwocky as she really loves the Jabberwocky.

Here's a closer view

Then the 2nd place winner.. her Steampunk Cheshire Cat with tatting Necklace..
And finally, my favorite.. the Crocheted Cheshire Cat. I loved this guy so much, and I don't even like cats, He won third because the judge didn't like his scary grin. Haha.. well, that scary grin GLOWS IN THE DARK TOO!  My swap partner absolutely loves him though, so it is all good. 

His eyes, nose and grin are made from oven baked clay.

She, theGrinningCat is her online name, loved her package. I am very happy about that, and happy that I could enter so many of her items in the Fair and WIN!



5 comments:

Lace-lovin' Librarian ~ Diane said...

Although I am not tempted to follow your lead, I do enjoy reading about your fabulous creations! I'm so happy your creativity is rewarded when you submit entries to the fair. I'm sure your swap partner is thrilled!

battatter said...

Oooh come on! Enter one of those lovely doilies in your fair!
Its fun!

Oh, yes, my swapner was very very happy! Yeah!

Jane McLellan said...

I second what Diane said, because originality is not always recognised!

SWtrompeter said...

I love the cat - especially the grin. It's not scary at all, it's a "Cheshire Cat" grin. It's so CUTE!

* Patty * said...

Ohh plz, apparently the 'judge' doesn't know who the Cheshire Cat really is, hmmmph.

I mean his mischievous 'grin' is the whole essence of the cat, some people...

My 3 D Tatting